• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Activate Photoshop CS on my new computer

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2016 Oct 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been running my Photoshop CS on my old computer which has now given up the ghost.

It is now replaced, and I have installed Photoshop, but find activation will not work from the programme and "help" points me in the direction of Forums.

System is Windows Ten, Bags of ram & hard drive capacity.

Can anyone help Please?

Graham

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 12, 2016 Oct 12, 2016

Hello,

I can't really suggest much Graham. On a Windows 7 virtual machine help does work, but it is a program rather than a collection of files so may not be compatible with Windows 10. I get that "internal server fault" message as well and imagine that means the server it relates to has been closed down or moved. When you installed CS2 it will have created files probably at 'C:\PhSp_CS2_UE_Ret\Help' If you go to that help folder you will find the Photoshop CS2 manual as a PDF file-it's 17.5MB w

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2016 Oct 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are having a problem activating you CS6 install with your valid CS6 serial.  Adobe Customer support via Chat or Phone can and will help you activate it.   There is not support for software issues. CS6 is as is not CS6 bug support at all.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already called Adobe and the call center said that I needed to call the chat line since they no longer could assist with any questions about CS6 Photoshop.  I called the chat line and they said that since they do not support CS6 Photoshop that I needed to contact the Adobe forum for an answer. 

I have been a good customer of Adobe products for years and this is not the way to treat customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just receive an e-mail from Goedgekeurd.  The e-mail was not in English so I am not able to read the e-mail.  Not certain of the content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, with CS6 no longer being officially supported from Adobe, calling them or chat won't help.

Perhaps this will help:

Activation and deactivation troubleshooting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These don't address my problem.  I have already read them before joining the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can always use Google Translate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good point about the translation feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only Adobe Customer Support can access their activation severs databases and reset your CS6 activation.  Yes program support is only available for current versions of Adobe applications.  However Adobe can not stop you using old products versions you paid for.  Adobe Customer Support should help your activate your CS6 install they help many with you problen.. 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to be proactive with this problem.  If I remove the CS6 and don't deactivate, likely they are going refuse to allow me to use it on my new laptop.  I think you see my frustration here.  I don't know if there is a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You wrote you had CS6 installed on a machine that gave up to ghost which makes it impossible  for you to deactivate an activation you need to use on you new machine.  Only Adobe customer support can deactivate that activation by updating their Activation servers database to free up an activation for your Product serial number.  You need Adobe's to help you with your installation Problem. They help users with this problem regularly.  Make sure you tell Adobe Customer Support you need their help activating your product you have a valid licence for.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2016 Oct 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess that I didn't make myself clear about my computers.  I do have two "healthy" laptop computers.  When on the chat line, they took my serial numbers, so they knew that I have  paid for my CS6.

Clearly you can't help me.  Thanks for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2016 Oct 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only have two active activation.  If you had activated Photoshop on a machine the gave up to ghost that ghost has one of you activation registered,  If you have a healthy second machine with an Activated install that has your second activation. You can not activate Photoshop on your third healthy machine because you can not deactivate your ghost machine. Only Adobe Customer Support can deactivate the ghost.  You need Adobe Customer support....

If you do not have a ghost machine you should be able to have two activations. If you can not you need Adobe Customer support to help you Activate.

Your activated machine could also be a ghost machine.  If you activated Photoshop. Wiped the machine and install your OS and the install Photoshop a section without first deactivating the machine.  If you had made changes to the machine the machine would even look like a different machine then the first install.

Your Adobe ID Account should show your Photoshop Products and serial.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines