• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add a layer to 52 diferent files in a folder ?

New Here ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I need to copy 2  layers, one  with a mask,  into 52 diferents separate image files placed in a folder, and keep their original names.  and I have to do it 14 times, in order to add 14 times 2 layer to my 52 images.

Any suggestions ?

Thank´s!, Natha.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have JavaScript experience you might do it with a Script, but I think using Actions and Batch might suffice. 

It might be easier to place the two Layers as one Smart Object (or create two files with one of the Layers each and place those), though, instead of copying them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

thank's c.pfaffenbichler, no I have no experience with scripts, I thought I could do it with an accion, but my photoshop abilities are too bad.  

You said with a smart object,  do you mean I could add smart objects to all the files in a folder? I not able to create the accion to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before and after cropped screenshots of the destination layers panel would be helpful. Also a cropped screenshot of the source layer panel would also help to illustrate.

EDIT: Sample files (even if consistently reduced in resolution) would also be helpful to those wishing to offer a script or action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank's !

I think an accion should work.

I need to  copy these 2 layers : 

Crop layers  1.JPG

to files like this :

Crop layers  2.JPG

to cut the blue ball ( in this case ) and add the other layer, like this : 

Crop layers  3.JPG

and (exemple) I need to  do it to open each files on the left inside the ones on the right.  

Captura 1.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Smart Objects should work out, though you would beed to create two files: 

• One containing »CCS anr«

• one containing »cut« but not on an emplty Layer (best just use a Solid Color Layer)

Then you can record File > Place Embedded both of them and either load »cut«’s transparency before applying it as a Layer Mask or using it as the base layer of a Clipping Mask. 

(More complicated to explain, but maybe easier in the Action, would be using cut’s mask inverted and use the placed SO as a Knockout Layer.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was no final screenshot of the x14 repetition?

So each of the 52 destination images would end up with 29 layers? The original layer, plus the 14 x 2 layers?

Once the destination image has been masked once, wouldn't the other 13 (blank) mask layers be unnecessary/redundant? So then it would only be 15 layers, the original plus 14 of the CCS ANT layer...?

Why 14 copies of the CCS ANT layer? They would all be in the same position? All with the same name?

Edit: Once the workflow is understood 100%, all you will need is an action for use with the batch command or another bulk image processing script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well maybe I need to studdy a bit, I think I can make it using smart objects and place them on the 52 destination files.

Sorry I think I didn´t explained well, and it´s thrue I need to understand the workflow at 100%, that's part of my problem. To explain it better, I have 52  colored images like this one 13 - Celeste.jpg. that I need to cut into diferent shapes using mask layer , for ex. like this CCS 20cm.jpg.

I need to do 14 shapes and save them with their exact size  that I have prepared in those mask layer based on the original picture of the lampshade ( i did'nt mentioned that they are lamps-- )  and then I must add them another file like this CCS 20cm e.jpg ( this time I have  3 styles )  to get the final files that I will use in a online lamp editor to do this:

Captura2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant that for anybody else to design a workflow without wasting a lot of time and energy (whether action or script), they need to understand 100% what you require, what the exact required outcome is. It also helps if you know too! You know what you require, it is just a case of breaking it down simply so that others can understand and offer advice or help.

OK, let's keep it simple. Please confirm or correct each of the following points to ensure that everthing is clear...

1) 52 coloured/shaded lampshade shapes.

2) 14 different mask styles

So far, that is 728 combinations, yes?

3) Then you also have 3 styles of "fixture" to add to the 728 generated version from above, giving you a total of 2,184 separate images.

Is my understanding correct so far?

If so, I think that the following script may be at least in part what you looking for:

https://github.com/mechanicious/photoshopCompositionComposer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes! exactly.  I think I've got it ,  Thank's  both for you help !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines