• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to align and attach multiple images (layers) vertically with same width?

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello guys, can someone help me about how can i align the multiple images vertically coz all of those got same width but different heights
when i tried to use distribute layer option and tried to align vertically, photoshop stacked up all the images into one and aligned them vertically, can someone help to do it in an easy way?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the images are under each other and you try to align vertically, they will stack on top of each other. Vertical alignment is helpful when images are sitting side by side.

Do you mean align horizontally? Or distribute vertically? Showing both, below:

align.gif

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello berb, thanks for answering
but i wanted to place multiple images vertically fit to the canvas (as my canvas got the same height as the images) perfectally aligned from top to bottom joined with no gaps , is it possible, i have tried this method as suggests, it does actually align the images but all the images stack up on one another but didnt get distributed evenly without getting piled up,
is there any other way u can suggest? would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your canvas is the exact height of all your images combined, you can place one at the very top and one on the very bottom. Then with the move tool selected click on the 3 dots in the menu bar for aligning objects. There will be an option to align the layers based on the space between then rather than on their centers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i wanted to place multiple images vertically fit to the canvas (as my canvas got the same height as the images) perfectally aligned from top to bottom joined with no gaps

I think this is what you are asking for. The key is that all of the height of all of images combined is equal the height the of the canvas.

align1.gif

If this still isn't it, please share a before and after screen shot.

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines