Highlighted

How to apply a colour look up layer to some layers but not all. Need to export as single tif layers

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I've created a photobash file on photoshop that looks like this: 

Screenshot 2020-08-06 at 10.23.14.png

My question is, how do I apply the colour look up adjustment layer only to the layers beneath, without merging anything. I need to export these layers seperately as tif files to Maya, to set up a projection. Which is why I can't have the colour look up layer just sitting on the top. 

I suppose I could cut out the shape of each layer underneath, out of the colour look up layer and apply/ duplicate, but surely theres a quicker way to do this.

I hope that makes sense and thanks in advance!

Topics

How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to apply a colour look up layer to some layers but not all. Need to export as single tif layers

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I've created a photobash file on photoshop that looks like this: 

Screenshot 2020-08-06 at 10.23.14.png

My question is, how do I apply the colour look up adjustment layer only to the layers beneath, without merging anything. I need to export these layers seperately as tif files to Maya, to set up a projection. Which is why I can't have the colour look up layer just sitting on the top. 

I suppose I could cut out the shape of each layer underneath, out of the colour look up layer and apply/ duplicate, but surely theres a quicker way to do this.

I hope that makes sense and thanks in advance!

Topics

How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can clip a Color Lookup adjustment layer to a layer or a group of layers. Place the Color Lookup adjustment layer above the layer or group where you want it applied. Then hover your cursor between the adjustment layer and layer or group while holding down Alt (PC) or Option (macOS). The cursor will change to a bent arrow. Click to make it clip to that layer. You can click again in the same way if you want to unclip it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines