• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change a specific color

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to Photoshop and I'm trying to change the text in an image from white to gray but the background is also white so when I try to select or change the 737 MAX is select the background also.image.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have pixels only? Do you know that selection can be substracted too? I mean after selecting something you can grab Lasso, Polygonal Lasso or Rectangular Marguee tool to deselect area from current selection. After activating tool look in the Options bar for 4 icons and click on third one: Subtract from selection.

subtract from selection.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, what I meant to say is that it only selects the backroundimage2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Type is on the same layer as background or not? At the moment you can select only what is on active/selected layer in the Layers panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that whole section is on (Mip 0) one layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Comp.png

I am not sure whether this is what you are looking for but if it is, you will find you can separate the type from its backgound by using the Blend If Command. Then, with this image placed in register as a layer over the original image you can make the type any value you choose. Be aware, though, this is a photo image. rather than type and the edges may not be adequate for your intended use. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines