Highlighted

How to change color of several layers in a video group

Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to animating with photoshop and not suprisingly am encountering some problems. The color of all my layers changed when I closed and reopened my psd file. I'm attempting to the change the color in all the layers but not sure how to do it. I added an adjustment layer above the video group and changed the hue. That part worked but since I'm going to be drawing on the layers using the brush tool I want to be able to see and apply the color from the color tool without the adjustment layer having an effect. So is there a way to apply the color from the adjustment layer to all the layers below? I don't see anything that allows this and I may be thinking about it the wrong way. Any ideas?

https://imgur.com/a/Oq7gLT5 

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to change color of several layers in a video group

Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to animating with photoshop and not suprisingly am encountering some problems. The color of all my layers changed when I closed and reopened my psd file. I'm attempting to the change the color in all the layers but not sure how to do it. I added an adjustment layer above the video group and changed the hue. That part worked but since I'm going to be drawing on the layers using the brush tool I want to be able to see and apply the color from the color tool without the adjustment layer having an effect. So is there a way to apply the color from the adjustment layer to all the layers below? I don't see anything that allows this and I may be thinking about it the wrong way. Any ideas?

https://imgur.com/a/Oq7gLT5 

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you create a second video group that sits at the very top of your stack of layers. Any drawing you do within this group would be unaffected by any adjustment layers that sit below it.

This might also prove useful…
Layer > Video Layers > New Blank Video Layer

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure how it would solve the problem of changing the color of multiple layers. If I select all the layers to change the option to adjust color of layers disappears. I'm still not understanding why or how to do this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On your screenshot Hue/Saturation is turned of, eyeball on the left side of layer is hidden what means Hue/Saturation layer does not have any effect on layers below. Click on square on the left side of Hue/Saturation layer to appear eyeball and color change should take effect.

Note: if you nedd to colorize black then it is not that simple to change color or to colorize since black is not actual color. For help how to colorize black please see my tutorial and ask questions if you do not understand something https://www.designeasy.co/2016/02/how-to-colorize-pure-black-and-pure.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I think I need to clarify my post. The question is how do I change the color of multiple layers directly on each layer or apply the effect of an adjustment layer to all the layers. If I have an active adjustment layer doing the coloring it will be very difficult to draw a specific color. When I select layers created in the video group the ability to use Image > Adjustments > Color is grayed out. I don't understand why. The adjustment layer was something someone suggested but it's exactly solving the problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines