• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change multiple artboard background color?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to change the background color of multiple artboards at once? I have tons of artboards and the background color is changing. I was wondering if there is a way to change the color all at once, rather than changing the color one artboard at a time.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Hi

You can select both/all artboards in the layers panel and change the property colour:

Before:

After:

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Ahhhhhh thanks. I figured out that I need to command click each artboard individually in order for me to be able to have the option to change the background color. Previously, I was shift selecting my artboards and the option was not available.

Thank you Dave!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Think there's no way to change the color of the artboard, cause they are by default transparent, yo beed to add and object or a layer that fills the color

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the background color:

Windows > Properties > Artboard Background Color

My question is whether there is a way to change multiple artboards at once, rather than one artboard at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You can select both/all artboards in the layers panel and change the property colour:

Before:

After:

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhhhhh thanks. I figured out that I need to command click each artboard individually in order for me to be able to have the option to change the background color. Previously, I was shift selecting my artboards and the option was not available.

Thank you Dave!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i still cannot figure out how to do it in photoshop to change all backgound color in artboard. 

Is previous example in illustrator?

Please enligthen. 

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just worked this out.
I needed to change all of my artboards from grey to white. 
If you shift and command click on the artboards you can select them and change the background colour in the properties panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To change the background in Adobe software:

1. Open your desired Adobe program (e.g., Photoshop, Illustrator).

2. Import or create the image you want to work with.

3. Select the background layer or the area you want to change.

4. Use the "Selection Tool" (e.g., Magic Wand, Lasso) to isolate the background.

5. Once selected, go to the "Edit" menu and choose "Cut" or "Delete" to remove the background.

6. Alternatively, you can use the "Layer Mask" option to hide the background instead of deleting it.

7. Now, create a new layer or import a new image for your desired background.

8. Place the new background layer behind the main image.

9. Adjust the size and position of the new background as needed.

10. You can further refine the edges of the main image using tools like "Refine Edge" or "Mask Edge".

11. Finally, save your work in the desired format.

Also, I have created and edited all pics in Adobe for my website, If you want to check so click here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines