How to change the menu font size and tools size in Photoshop (CS5 for 4K monitor)?

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, does anyone know how to change the font size in the menu and also tools size in Photoshop? I just got a 4K display for Windows PC and everything is very small.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Mar 25, 2016
John Waller Adobe Community Professional , Mar 25, 2016
UI scaling for Windows was only introduced into the Cloud version of Photoshop in version CC 2014.Photoshop: Introducing scale the UI 200% for high-density displays for Windows | Photoshop Family Customer Community‌There won't be any UI scaling available for non-Cloud versions. You'll have to lower the resolution of your monitor.

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop version?

If CC, check Preferences > Interface, and make sure the UI is set to 200%.  If CS6 or earlier, you are out of luck I am afraid.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was very helpful however 200 % is way to huge.  Too bad this isn't customizabler

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CjAshwal  wrote

This was very helpful however 200 % is way to huge.  Too bad this isn't customizable

There has been talk of other UI sizes providing you are using CC, so hold on and keep your fingers crossed

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am CC and can't wait. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using CS5.....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UI scaling for Windows was only introduced into the Cloud version of Photoshop in version CC 2014.

Photoshop: Introducing scale the UI 200% for high-density displays for Windows | Photoshop Family Cu...

There won't be any UI scaling available for non-Cloud versions. You'll have to lower the resolution of your monitor.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pedrod12597 wrote:

I am using CS5.....

Do you still have your old monitor?  If you have the desk space, set up both monitors, and use the old monitor for the menus panels and toolbar, and the new monitor for the image.  You should be able to save that as a custom workspace.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How come they don't do this for all apps? Like does Illustrator have this option? I tried to look for it but did not find it...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used this instruction 2 minutes ago, and it works perfectly:

Adobe App Scaling on High DPI Displays (FIX) | Dan Antonielli

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sith5CA3 LATEST
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best solution here. Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found a solution for Adobe CS5, and wanted to share. For context, I recently got a laptop with an inbuilt 4K display, and the text/icons in Photoshop were far too small to be usable. The registry hack did not work for me, but I found the below did - not to mention was much simpler.

1. Go to the executable Photoshop file (C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5 (64 Bit))

2. Right click on it, and select 'Properties'

3. On the 'Compatibility' tab, click 'Change Settings for All Users'

4. Click 'Change High DPI Settings'

5. In the 'High DPI Scaling Override' section, select the 'Override High DPI Scaling Behavior' box

6. Underneath 'Scaling Performed By', select 'System'

7. Photoshop should now open and scale correctly

Hope this is helpful to someone!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help. I had just upgraded computers and the Photoshop defaults were way too small. Your fix was very helpful. Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines