• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to completely delete files from Libraries on the computer?

Engaged ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few days ago I posted this post asking for the location of the files when we add items to a Library:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/library-assets-location/m-p/11379498?page=1#M357494

Initially it was not clear where and how, but today I found that in my case this is where they go:

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Creative Cloud Libraries/LIBS/"looooongNumber"_AdobeID/creative_cloud/dcx/"anotherLooooongNumber"/components

Here's the issue:

Even if I delete files from a library, it doesn't delete them from this folder, meaning I will have files taking up space. Not a big problem with vector, but for images and all that, imagine the amount of space this is taking...

I went to my Cloud and permanently deleted all the "deleted files", still no luck.

Any ideas if there's a way to refresh the library on the computer so it syncs properly and deletes all "orphan" files?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

This is unrelated on a 2 year old post.

Go to File>Open Recent and at the bottom you can clear recent files list.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go into HOME how do I delete all the images I no longer want there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is unrelated on a 2 year old post.

Go to File>Open Recent and at the bottom you can clear recent files list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you. It's been a nightmare with this app. I had all my CDs I LOVE my CS4 and then Adobe screwed everything up.  I even gave up my printing and editing because it wasn't the same as my CD.  I'm at the age now when I don't really need it but I guess it helps to open up a jpeg. :-(((( 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines