• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to CR3 files from LR saving as TIFF by default when has always been PSD my preferred default?

Advocate ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All latest versions of PS and Lightroom Classic, All of a sudden, in my workflow where I open files from Lightroom, - the default save from Photoshop in the 'save as' dialog box has always been my preferred .PSD format now has changed to TIF as the default format. I need to now be on alert on save with every file as I need to change manually back to .PSD. I don't see anywhere in preferences to change this back to .PSD as the default.

I'm stuck on this one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,

Ken

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

It's in Lightroom preferences.

lrprefs.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's in Lightroom preferences.

lrprefs.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, 'Community Professional' is exactly correct. How could I have missed this? All I know is these forums are a priceless help and thank you so very much D Fosse, couldn't be happier to have the answer to this.

Thank You,

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How something like this gets changed without warning is another thing to wonder about... May never know, but important thing is now it's fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Exactly what happened to me.  I saved 70 files before realizing they were all tiffs.   I was about to post the question and when I typed the subject line this popped up to answer the question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines