How to create a pencil line out of an object.

Explorer ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to help an organization create a t-shirt for an upcoming competition.  I am looking to take simple images for example the outline of the state of Idaho and some other simple line drawings and layer them to create the image for the t-shirt.

I have managed to create a selection then a path of the state of Idaho but can't create a transparent outline of the state of Idaho.  I also have another image of a bunch of lines and patterns, but it is on a white background.

How can I convert these into lines with a transparent background?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could do this in illustrator using the automatic tracing tool. Go object>image trace> make and expand.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would have to look I have a copy of Illustrator from around CS4 somewhere.  Hopefully I can find it and see if I can make it work.  I would rather work with Illustrator for layouts anyways.  Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines