• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create something like this poster?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi fellow creators,

I'm creating all kinds of designs and I came across this poster, now I want to create something similair but with a different subject. IMG_20201129_235910.jpg

Which tools are used to create this? Is there maybe a video on YT with a similair tutorial on this? I have now a solid background color like this yellow, also the image of a city, 2 cut out objects, also a car and the main character of the movie. 

Test.png

This is of course nothing like the finished image should be, just a few first steps I made.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might find these online video tutorials on designing posters and compositing with Photoshop helpful.

You can get 30-days free access:

https://www.linkedin.com/learning/designing-a-poster-2?trk=learning-serp_learning_search-card&upsell...

https://www.linkedin.com/learning/photoshop-compositing-tips-tricks-techniques?trk=learning-serp_lea...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Derek, I will check them out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the important thing is to collect the various elements in the image as Smart Objects

That way you can transform them again and again and experiment with Filters without accumulating unnecessary image degredation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, I should that that aswell. I barely used smart objects with the thought that my PSD files get way bigger.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»my PSD files get way bigger.«

They do; you’ll have to judge for yourself if the advantages are worth that »cost« – but especially in a process where one might reposition, scale, rotate etc. an element repeatedly or even use it more than once or experiment with filters and their settings I think Smart Objects should be given serious consideration. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Save regularly and incrementally and externally, as well as locally!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the tip, but I already knew this, Derek 🙂 I will watch some tutorials and if I think the final result is good enough I will show it here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines