• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create this effect in Photoshop

Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I am sort of new to photoshop and really confused as to how should I go about creating the following effect. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

77222_500.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, there is a free extension to photoshop that can help simulate some cloth patterns: https://exchange.adobe.com/creativecloud.details.13165.cloth-texture-generator.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you...but i am using CS6 ...dont think its compatible with it. Is there any other way? Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to post a link, but it keeps getting misidentified as spam - and is deleted.

Search for Create Houndstooth pattern in Photoshop -- or similar phrase.  There are tutorials how to make a seamless S&R pattern.

Annotation 2020-02-11 070556.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I am able to create the pattern but i am just unable to get that particular effect on it. Any further help would be much appreciated. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly do you mean? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The texture on the houndstooth pattern i mean. I think it's a fabric texture. Anyway i can get it in Photoshop? I hope i am clear. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search for a stockshot or graphic of a honeycomb or a loose weave cloth and combine it as a separate layer  - changing its blend mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi...thanks for your response. I tried this but its not working out. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you can either try to isolate a part of the image and make it seamless (by warping, touching up the edges etc.) or create a synthetic pattern. 

But what exactly is the important aspect to you? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

This is what I have made ...

Houndstooth-fa.png

But as you can see, its on a linen like fabric.This still looks a lot more digital than looking like being on an actual weave. So what I am trying to make is something far less digital looking but on a weave fabric.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps search online for a photo of a real piece of fabric - or buy a piece and photograph it.

Sometimes the old fashioned way is much more effective that trying to reinvent the wheel.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well its not what I am looking to do. I just want to recreate the exact same photo....if that helps. Thanks for all your help though, really appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In that case, us the image you have!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines