• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to create this effect?

Explorer ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

could anyone help me with YouTube link on how to create this frame.

[invalid link removed by moderator — screenshot properly inserted in later post by OP]

many thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I went to the link, it said the item had "exceeded its view limit." Can you post a screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for reaching out and trying to help, Leslie.

Here is the screenshot .

Trust the day is going well.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no screenshot. 

Please don’t attach images to email-replies but post them on the Forum in the browser. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (234)_LI.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clipping Mask a flipped copy of the image to a Shape Layer with a Frame. 

Screenshot 2021-05-06 at 08.51.09.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for reaching out and helping me to figure out how to create the frame. 

some people informed me that they could not see the screenshot, hence the additional posts.

thanks again for the help, really appreciate that.

stay safe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody.

Trust this message finds you all well.

Could you please help me with YouTube titorial/link on how to create this frame effect.

Screenshot (234)_LI.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add two different images to a document as layers, create a rectangle shape with a stroke using the shape tool, Ctrl+click on the layer icon to convert it to a selection, apply it to the layer as a layer mask. Takes ten seconds. in your case the top image for the frame in fact could just be a flipped over duplicate of the background image, so Layer --> Transform is your friend.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i can create everything, exept the colour fill - it's solid colour, or transparent, depending on the option i select when i play with the settings. Screenshot (237).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys

Hope this message finds you well.

I am sorry to trouble you, but after all those days,  I still can't make this cropping mask effect. Do you think you can help me understand what I am getting wrong, and how to create it.  In particular I don't know how to apply cropping mask to the border of the frame; it's always applied to the space inside. 

Many thanks in advance. 

jane-e_0-1620743348598.jpeg

[merged with previous post by moderator — please don't start new posts for the same topic]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

You wanna have something like this? (see Screenshot)

Make sure to subtract (- with alt key) the desired/inner part of the outer rectangle selection. Then create a Layer Mask. If needed, invert it (ctrl + i).

Alternatively you could use Vector-Shape-Masks, but normal Masks will do the job for a start.

Bildschirmfoto.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines