• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to disable gradient sharing from clipping mask to all masked layers above?

Engaged ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe since some of the relatively recent updates (correct me if im wrong, but thats not really important) the layer that is used as clipping mask for masked layers above it, started sharing its effect like gradient overlay to all masked layers above it.

Is there a way to disable it?

I dont want to automatically apply gradient overlay's effect to everything that is masked. I just want the gradient to be on the layer that is background as well as being a clipping shape. Right now i have to do workarounds like removing the gradient from the main shape that serves as both bg and mask shape's source, duplicating the layer right above it, connect the duplicates as clipping mask and masked layer, and enable gradient on the duplicate. That way everything in the clippimg mask stack dont share the gradient. Thats not optimal.

Would love some toggle option for that.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please post screenshot with Layers panel and problem visible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, is it a custom shape? use a gradient fill instead as an overlay. Applying layer style to the base of a clipping groups affect clipped layers, that how I remember it for years...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines