How to disable the Glyphs panel in Photoshop CC 2015.5?

Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2016 Jun 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure this can be handy sometimes but in my daily job this is making me really slow and it's so annoying, I'd like to disable the feature. All the time I have this small window popping out.

Can it be disabled? I don't want to choose glyphs all the time, just edit, type and change texts in designs that are already approved.

Captura%20de%20pantalla%202016-06-27%20a%20las%2017.19.18.png

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Explorer , Jun 27, 2016 Jun 27, 2016
Finally I found it! I disabled unchecking the option in Preferences > Type > Enable Type Layer Glyph Alternates

translate

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2016 Jun 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally I found it! I disabled unchecking the option in Preferences > Type > Enable Type Layer Glyph Alternates

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a star, this was driving me nuts

Many thanks

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx ! I was getting crazy !

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, thank you! This pop up was so annoying.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have registered just to say thank you, I was about to reset all my photoshop preferences! 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this was driving me crazy - as is the Adobe policy of enabling these sorts of annoying features by default!

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG You are my HERO!!!

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Should be off by default, nonsense.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks alot Mate !

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Thanks!

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm really getting annoyed with these "features" Adobe keeps introducing. So so annoyed. Thanks cclavo!

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, this is driving me crazy. Does this still apply to the latest CC 2017 Update? i can't see that option in preferences-type and none of those selected seem to affect this behavior.

Screen Shot 2017-01-30 at 12.14.30 PM.png

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Patrick, you are showing the Preference panel from Illustrator.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

argh. my apologies. i thought i was looking at an Illustrator forum.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you cclavo!

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sweet heavens - thanks for that. Such an OBNOXIOUS popup for such a SELDOM-USED function. It interferes with typing normally and distracts from my workflow. And for what? On the off chance I'll need a glyph and can't be bothered to click the drop-down?

Easy fix!

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<ignore> This is in the wrong spot, the threading here isn't real apparent on first use, and there doesn't seem to be a delete

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me guess which principle was applied here: "annoy 95% of all users so 5% of users can access glyphs quicker?". Just when you think it cant get any worse...

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tips for disabling a feature that no one never asked for.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallelujah! Thank you for showing me how to turn off this idiotic feature. so annoying

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so close to just throwing out CC subscription, Photoshop CS6 had none of this absolute nonsense.  All they do these days is change around things that already work and throw in useless features like this one.  Is nobody in charge of testing these irritating bugs?  If it's not a feature, it's a bug.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines