• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to enable only certain colors to show in an image?

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

a simple question: Let's say I've got a palette of 170 colors made. And I need to create a few drawings with these colors. The thing is, the client of mine decided on the colors after I finished the second one, so I need to know if there is any way to recolor the existing image allowing only these 170 colors to show and, eventualy, recolor the rest of the image based on the closest color matching (meaning that red doesn't become some sort of mud green). And I don't really get on well with gradient maps 😕 Some plugin maybe?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

»A simple question« … but when talking about images »showing« can sometimes be a lot more useful than a bunch of words. 

Edit: Not I am claiming that some words would not still be necessary. 

What is this about anyway?

Why limit to 170 colors and to what end? Is this for tapestry, textile weaving, … or spot colors? 

How have you set up the file so far? Solid Color Layers and penciling the Layer Masks? How do you avoid mixtures of the colors? 

Or do you work in Indexed Colors anyways? If so you should be able to edit the Color Table. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines