• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to enable the edit log

Contributor ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just when I thought I finally had it all right. I recently moved my files (but not catalog) to an external SD Drive. At first I could not overwrite mistakes, but then I reformatted the disc and it worked. Now, whenever I open photoshop I get this annoying message. "couldn't open the edit log file phtoshop edit log edit logging is disabled."

I do not remember disabling it. But I have a feeling it is now pointing to a defunct file. 

This question was asked four years ago. There was a link to an obsolete page which explained the answer. Somehow it seems related to Preferences, History. But I do not see what I am doing wrong. But it is driving me crazy.

BTW, I usually search for a few hours before I give up and post to this forum. I cannot believe something so seemingluy simple is so elusive.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

I don't remember exactly what finally fixed it. It seemed like I was on the right track the whole time. It was related to Preferences pointing to a folder that probably moved (because I had moved all my photos to external drive). But It seemed like I tried to change the locoation several times before it atually worked. 

But I set the folder in Preferences > File Handling .> Cloud Document Directory to the file I wanted it on (on my local C drive) and it seems to have solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

It does sound like you've done your homework! What version of Photoshop are you using? And what Operating System are you on?

Have you tried resetting your preferences? Here is a help doc on how: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Let us know if this fixes the issue or if you still have the problem?

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If reset the preferences doesn't work please try to reinstall photoshop with this tool:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your Photoshop > Preferences > History Log settings? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't remember exactly what finally fixed it. It seemed like I was on the right track the whole time. It was related to Preferences pointing to a folder that probably moved (because I had moved all my photos to external drive). But It seemed like I tried to change the locoation several times before it atually worked. 

But I set the folder in Preferences > File Handling .> Cloud Document Directory to the file I wanted it on (on my local C drive) and it seems to have solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines