• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to enlarge the individual brush display icons?

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I have had CC for some time, I like using 5.1 ..but today I loaded all my brushes into CC and I find that the display of the brushes for selection are just too small for me to pick from. I run 3 MacPro's doing modeling, I'm 70 and my eyes are not what they use to be. So I have been searching the net for a prep setting to simply enlarge all the brush icons to something larger like we use to see in 5.1

Thanks for helping.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Yes, this is a bit hidden in the latest version!

Each panel in Adobe Photoshop has a wing menu where you can access additional options. If yo go in here and choose Preset Manager. Then when the Preset manager opens, click on the little Gear icon and chose to make the Thumbnails lager. See my screenshots for help with this,

Screenshot 2017-11-11 10.03.46.pngScreenshot 2017-11-11 10.04.05.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is a bit hidden in the latest version!

Each panel in Adobe Photoshop has a wing menu where you can access additional options. If yo go in here and choose Preset Manager. Then when the Preset manager opens, click on the little Gear icon and chose to make the Thumbnails lager. See my screenshots for help with this,

Screenshot 2017-11-11 10.03.46.pngScreenshot 2017-11-11 10.04.05.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you..this is actually what I needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks thangietaylor, but this WOULD be what I wanted if the icons stayed large in the brush settings panel (not just while in Presets). davescm, I thought what Don was asking was for the thumbnails to appear larger (not how to make the brush larger). Its not just about being too old to see the small icons, I'm in my 30's and when you're searching through your brushes, especially some certain detailed textures, it would be A LOT easier if you could just up the size of the thumbnails. C'mon Adobe, let's make this happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After searching a little more I finally found someone who knew the answer.

Go to your Brushes palette, in the drop down menu, unselect Brush Name & Brush Stroke (or whatever you want) and leave Brush Tip selected. Then you can use the slider to enlarge the thumbnails of the brush tips!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay! Nice to learn something new. Thanks for sharing this 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Josh thank you so much for this. Exactly what I was looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Josh,

I followed your very helpful instructions; thank you for them! However, I still do not have little icons under brushes. This is fairly important to be able to quickly identify each cartography brush. Would you have any advice?

brush issue 1.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually was able to answer my own question! For anyone else who might be new to PS like me, the options in the wing menus are limited in options unless you expand it using the arrow buttons in the top right and then you can press the menu button. The picture might explain it better:

brush issue 2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

At the bottom of the brush panel you will see a slider - move it left or right to decrease/increase the size.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Love you all for posting this. The tiny icons have been driving me crazy. Thank you SO much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines