Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to export a group of brushes?

Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Extremlity_0-1613641115103.png

This morning Photoshop had an update and all my brushes were deleted with that update. I took to sorting the brushes but when I select more of them I don’t have the option to export. When I put the brushes in a folder, I have the option to export the folder, but when exporting it asks me to type in the names of those brushes. That's why I have a folder in folder. How can I avoid that? I want to have only one folder with brushes.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to have no problem in exporting selected Brushes instead of having to select Groups (see screenshot). 

Screenshot 2021-02-18 at 10.54.35.png

»but when exporting it asks me to type in the names of those brushes.«

You are promted to give a name to the abr-file, the brushes themselves should maintain their names. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that the iOS works differently than Windows. Button Export Selected Brushes... is out of order.

Extremlity_0-1613642925713.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work on MacOS, not iOS, but your observation seems valid indeed. 

Does it make a difference if you »pull« the brushes out of their current group? 

If you have access to another Windows computer and you can reproduce the behaviour there it might be worth posting a report over on 

Photoshop Family

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Export selected brushes is working OK here in Windows 10 with Photoshop v 22.2 :

davescm_0-1613645419497.png

I would try a preference reset

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines