Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to extend only part of an image

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a photograph I'd like to extend without distorting the size of it. The extension is on the vertical of the photo and when I try with the content aware scale it doesn't do what I want it to do. With that tool, the space between the different parts is being extended, but the part itself is not. For clarity, it is a photo of a girl in a dress and I'd like to extend the lower part of the dress so that it looks like she is extremely tall. 

What I tried before was to add another original layer in the back and paint in the different shades to make it look natural, but that is quite complicated if there actually is a tool that does this work in a better way. 

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

»when I try with the content aware scale it doesn't do what I want it to do. With that tool, the space between the different parts is being extended, but the part itself is not.«

That’s what Content Aware Scale is supposed to do. 

»For clarity,«

You could have just posted a screenshot. 

I suspect you might be looking for Content Aware Fill or the Crop Tool with Content-Aware checked. 

Screenshot 2021-02-14 at 10.44.11.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines