How to fix problem with elliptical tool

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to use the tool it pops up like this and no longer gives me option to edit it disappears & doesn't allow me to make the shape . Says no later is selected instead of make the shape a new layer like normal

image.jpg

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to fix problem with elliptical tool

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to use the tool it pops up like this and no longer gives me option to edit it disappears & doesn't allow me to make the shape . Says no later is selected instead of make the shape a new layer like normal

image.jpg

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 01, 2021 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you need to use the Ellipse Tool not the Elliptical Marquee Tool

Untitled-2.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 01, 2021 0
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*layer

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 01, 2021 0
Explorer ,
Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes what you have done there is just selected an area ... it is not a shape tool

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 01, 2021 0