• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to fix serious photoshop cc 2019 lag issue

Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2019 Feb 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since  upgrading from CC PS 17 there is a serious lag in Photoshop which makes it unusable. I've watched the tutorials and read forum answers over the past two years, but nothing helps. CC PS 17 has always worked fine so I use that instead but would like to use newer versions, of course. I copied all the performance settings from PS 17 into PS 18 & 19 without any change in the lag. This is not a large brush issue—I use the smallest brushes. It is also not a canvas size issue—the problem is still there in clipboard size documents. I'm using a one year old macbook pro running Mojave 10.14.2 but the problem has been in PS on earlier machines since the release of CC 2018.? I want to say that this is a SERIOUS brush lag with the smallest brush on the smallest canvas. And the lag gets slower and slower as you get to the end of a line. It's very strange and makes the program useless for drawing anything.

Has anyone been able to solve this problem? I know that some people have solved it on PCs by reducing the cache levels to 1 and the cache tile size to 128K and the drawing level to basic. But I have tried all of these things, restarting PS each time for both 2018 and 2019, always hoping with each new update the problem might be fixed. I've been using Photoshop for 20 years as a drawing and painting program

my website: [Link removed by moderator]

Thanks for your help, John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 17, 2019 Feb 17, 2019

It is PC dependent. However there is always some lag with smoothing but you can minimise it by reducing the smoothing or trying the various options, particularly with larger brushes.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2019 Feb 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Have you got brush smoothing turned up high and what smoothing options are set?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2019 Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! Thank you so much Dave. You are the first person who has been able to answer this. I loved brush smoothing in Flash. It was like finger painting with chocolate. But since smoothing is such a performance problem in PS how do people improve the performance so they can work with it in Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2019 Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is PC dependent. However there is always some lag with smoothing but you can minimise it by reducing the smoothing or trying the various options, particularly with larger brushes.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2019 Mar 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, with Mac.

In Photoshop CC 2018, this killer lag doesn't appear at all, using same brushes, same documents and smoothing on. But in Photoshop CC 2019, almost every action happens to last too long (just opening a new document) or even with no response at all (like "select all" cmd+a shortcut), and the painting job is just as you describes. "Unusable" is the most accurate word: annoying lag, no response too often, with busy watch appearing every 4 or 5 strokes. This is not a problem of larger brush or larger canvas... and in my case, turning off smoothing DOESN'T SOLVE THE PROBLEM, even a little.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The lag I experience is usually when I'm working on other apps and then go back to Illustrator of Photoshop. I get the spinning ball for about 8 seconds when I go to pulldown tab at the top like "File" or do anything else. Frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem for weeks now. I'm about cancel this, and just go use my old system with CS which was lightning fast. It's horrible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since "upgrading" to Photoshop CC 2019 I've got nagging lagging issues on a Mohave Mac.  The simplest things get me the bouncing beachball.  Just making a selection or changing an image size.  It's nuts and I've found no solution that works.  Can't go back to CS6 because I foolishly allowed it to be deleted.  Waste of valuable time to say nothing of Adobe ignoring an obvious dilemma.  Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone from Adobe check these threads?  If not, it's preposterous.  Even so, they ought to be on the case.  I like On1 software well enough to make the change but don't want to. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Ken+Tannenbaum  wrote

Does anyone from Adobe check these threads?  If not, it's preposterous.  Even so, they ought to be on the case.  I like On1 software well enough to make the change but don't want to. 

Ken, these are user forums.   You can give feedback, and report issues  here

Photoshop Family Customer Community

I believe that issues have been resolved for one version of OSX, only to reappear when OSX is updated.  There are Known Issues pages for High Sierra and Mojave

Known issues - Running Photoshop CC on macOS 10.14 Mojave

Known issues - Running Photoshop CC on macOS 10.13 High Sierra

You can install all versions of Photoshop  back to CS6 from the Application Manager.   You might not need top go all the way back to CS6 to resolve your issues.   

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe removed a bunch of the older versions.  the oldest now is version 20 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Please remove from E-Mail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines