• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to flip an image and flip the logos?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have an image of a shoe that is facing left, I need to know how to flip it facing right and with that have the logos also flipped? Please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the shoe, use Edit, Transform, Flip Horizontal. You can also use the right-click menu, Free Transform, then use the right-click menu again, and choose Flip Horizontal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that flips the image. But that also flips the logos the wrong way...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you should post a screenshot of what you mean. You'll have to take the logo out of the shoe if it shouldn't flip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.JPG

This is the shoe flipped. I need the green triangle, the bottom lace tag flipped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This requires more work than you probably imagine. To make your shoe look realistic you need not only to reverse the green triangle and the lace tag, you also need to recreate the name on the tongue of the shoe which will be the most difficult part as half the name is hidden on the far side of the shoe.

The easier part might be done this way.

1) Take your shoe

1.png

2) Flip the image horizontally

2.png

3) Now you need to cover over the mirrored logos . You can do that by creating a new layer and cloning over the logos. It will blend in better if you apply a little Gaussian blur to the layer with the cloned segments.

3.png

4) Now go to the original shoe and make an accurate selection of the logos. I did this with the Magnetic Selection tool and cleaned it up with the Quick Mask mode. Save the selection as a Channel like below.

4.png

Now using the selection, make a copy and paste it to a new layer at the top of the layer stack. It will still be the wrong way round so you must 'Transform' the pasted selection

4a.png

5)It's easy to rotate the pasted image, but then you need the Warp function in the Transform tool to make it contour correctly into the body of the shoe.

6.png

As you can see you can make it work. I had the same problem here as you have as the brand name SIDI needed to be created on the bridge of the shoe , but you only have the letters S and half of a D, which immediately gives the game away that the image is mirrored. It can be done but I didn't have the time to go into that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines