Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is how my current layout looks:

example_2.png

This is how I would like my layout to look:

example_1.png

I am "relatively" new to the adobe suite, so... I don't know if this is a Mac exclusive thing since I'm on a Windows PC. However, I'm currrently taking online classes and my professor does everything much faster with the above layout. In contrast, I have to open up a panel and scroll every single time I want to do a simple character/paragraph change. I'm having this problem in Photoshop, Illustrator, and Indesign. My workspace is set to "Essentials."

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

You're looking for the Tool options/controls.  And yes, it's extremely helpful to have that visible while working in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.

In Photoshop, it's called Options and you can find it under Window > Options.

Photoshop > Window pulldown menu > Options enabled.Photoshop > Window pulldown menu > Options enabled.

In Illustrator, it's called Control and you can find it under Window > Control.

Illustrator - Window pulldown menu > Control enabled.Illustrator - Window pulldown menu > Control enabled.

In InDesign, it's called Control and you can find it under Window > Control

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @lumberfoot 

You posted to the Photoshop forum and your screenshots are in InDesign. Your first image uses the "Essentials" Workspace and your second uses "Typography". You can switch in Window > Workspace (or use the Workspace Switcher).

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/workspace-basics.html

DF65C40E-5E8A-412A-AD71-23A1EA47AF96.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Just select the same workspace on both computers in Window > Workspace.

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're looking for the Tool options/controls.  And yes, it's extremely helpful to have that visible while working in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.

In Photoshop, it's called Options and you can find it under Window > Options.

Photoshop > Window pulldown menu > Options enabled.Photoshop > Window pulldown menu > Options enabled.

In Illustrator, it's called Control and you can find it under Window > Control.

Illustrator - Window pulldown menu > Control enabled.Illustrator - Window pulldown menu > Control enabled.

In InDesign, it's called Control and you can find it under Window > Control.

InDesign > Window pulldown menu > Control enabled.InDesign > Window pulldown menu > Control enabled.

I've inlcuded macOS Big Sur screenshots, but it's the same for both macOS and Windows OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much! I was able to turn this feature on for all three applications following your instructions! Now, I should be able to optimize my workflow 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines