• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get rid of scratch disks ?

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you get rid of scratch disks. I am trying to edit work and it is not allowing me as it says the scratch disks are full

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop can't work without enough free disk space to store temporary working data. You need to free up disk space or get another disk.

This message typically comes up when disk space is so low that your whole machine may freeze up at any moment. You should really take that message seriously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do i free up disk space, is it a case of deleting work that i no longer need?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Get another disk, an external if you can't add another internal, and move everything not system related. Ideally, the system drive should contain only the operating system and applications. Everything else, all your assets and working files, on different drive(s).

Run the disk cleanup utility that comes with Windows/MacOS. It's usually very effective.

If that's not enough, there's always still a lot of stuff in your user account that can be moved or removed. Things tend to accumulate there. But that requires some tools and knowledge of what you're removing - not because it will harm your system, but because you might actually need it to work efficiently.

How big is your system drive? A "standard" configuration of operating system and applications (including a range of CC apps) should normally not take up much more than 100GB or so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines