• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get rid of this pencil Icon in the Brushes Panel - Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Switching between my tablet and my keyboard I pressed something on my keyboard that made this icon pop in there. Now when I switch between brushes it turns my Hard round brush into a pencil tool and I don't want that. I want it as it was before.

Please help with getting rid of that!

Thanks in advance

https://prnt.sc/pscsz0  Screenshot

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Welcome to the Adobe Community!

According to one of our engineers, this pencil icon is only visible on those brushes which have the Tool Info attached with them. You can use different brushes which do not have the tool info baked in and the Pencil icon won't appear on them.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I didnt have that before. I only chose the hard round pressure opacity one. Is there a way to get rid of that? I rather not be changing back to Brush from pencil just like before. Having this there gives me the Hard Round Brush to turn into pencil when I select it and makes all of my future selections to be on Pencil till I change it back to Brush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to load a brush without switching to its associated tool preset, hold down Ctrl and Alt when clicking on the brush.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to get rid of the preset. I wish I knew what I pressed 😞

So now when I select my Hard Round Pressure Opacity it changes to Pencil when all I want is Brush. It wont go back to brush even if I change brushes. It stays using the pencil tool till I change it back. It wasn't like this before me being clumsy and pressing a key on my keyboard. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Load the brush without the preset using Ctrl+Alt and click. Then go to the drop down menu at the  top right of the brushes panel and save the brush using "New Brush Preset" and uncheck "Include Tool Settings".

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@davescm , it seems this feature has been a source of annoyance to some Photoshop users since its introduction; do you remember if there has ever been a Feature Request concerning a global removal of the Included Tool Settings? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOOUUUUU!!           

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please remember to mark a correct answer as such. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know how sorry O_O

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines