How to Hide Sidecar XMP files in Camera Raw?

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop updated and now XMP files are no longer hidden. I hate these. Please help. I've followed instructions listed here, but it's not working.

My settings:

Capture.JPG

TOPICS
How to

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No longer hidden in Bridge or ....?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see the XMP files in my harddrives now. Is this maybe not something to do with Ps settings, but instead my harddrives?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you using?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use RAW files, you will have XMP sidecars. hate them or not, they are not invisible.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not all files can store metadata in them. If dealing with RAW files you can't avoid XMP sidecar files. DNG files however can store the metadata inside the DNG file without the need for sidecar files, but if those sidecar files were already made, I don't think that preference if going to remove existing ones. It would only apply to future edits.

Keep in mind that Adobe Bridge does not show sidecar XMP files when viewing files.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines