How to import a PNG file as a layer into my current document using script

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I am trying to make a script that imports a PNG file (that is in the same directory as the script I am running) into photoshop, but instead of opening it as its own document I want to be added as a layer to the document I am currently on so that I can manipulate its size and position in the same script.

I have seen the .add() method but don't know if that is correct or how to use it... any help is appreciated!

Thank y'all.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to import a PNG file as a layer into my current document using script

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I am trying to make a script that imports a PNG file (that is in the same directory as the script I am running) into photoshop, but instead of opening it as its own document I want to be added as a layer to the document I am currently on so that I can manipulate its size and position in the same script.

I have seen the .add() method but don't know if that is correct or how to use it... any help is appreciated!

Thank y'all.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 06, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a function for placing as a Smart Object (and transforming at the same time) in the Script in this thread: 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 06, 2020 1