• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to install Photoshop 7 on Windows 10 64bit

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2015 Nov 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my old standby Photoshop 7.0 32 bit and have used it as far as Win 8.1 64 bit, but the Setup.exe file will not execute on Windows 10 64bit, any suggestions?
I've tried compatibility mode starting at Win XP SP2 and up and no luck.  The ironic part is I had to exchange this computer that I purchased 3 weeks ago.  I had no problem installing it on the previous one (win 10) by using task manager to kill the process (which the icon never even shows up in the status bar) and choosing to run it in compatibility mode ... and it worked)  HELP, I have CS3 but for what I do now (retired) it's too robust and much more complicated then what I know like the back of my hand.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 12, 2016 Sep 12, 2016

Hi - The only way it worked for me was as follows...

I) Create a Photoshop folder on your hard drive i.e. Drive C - Adobe - Photoshop 7

2) Copy all files from your CD to this folder - drag & drop

3) Start Windows 10 in 'safe mode'

4) Open the new folder and click on the .exe file

Photoshop 7 should now load without a hitch - then restart normally and run the programme.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Valorous Hero ,
Nov 28, 2015 Nov 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zshoppe,

We have not officially tested such an old version of Photoshop with windows 10.

It might or might not work. As you mentioned you were able to run it earlier so I would suggest you to create a new Admin account and then try to install it there.

Regards

Sarika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2016 Jan 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem where the installer wouldn't do anything, it appears the installer exe requires to use resources held by other processes. For me it was Skype and Logitech wireless mouse software.

To work out what is "blocking" the installer:

1. start  task manager, you'll see setup.exe running as a background process but consuming no CPU cycles.
  2. click on the "Details" tab in task manager
  3. scroll down to setup.exe, right click on it and select "Analyse wait chain"
  4. close the program / end the process which setup is waiting on

You may have to repeat steps 3 & 4 if there are multiple contentions. For me once I killed Skype & Logitech processes the installer popped up instantly. Also I ran setup.exe as administrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2016 Sep 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thnx man worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you that seems to have solved the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Killing the background task that was preventing the installer from running also worked perfectly when installing PS6 on a Windows10 machine!  That was a much, much easier fix than many of the others I read about.

Kudos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@idleMartin, Logitech Gaming Software was holding up my 32-bit installer process, i exited via taskbar tray and it went through in a snap, TY so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2018 Dec 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent fix!!! Many thanks for the help. My Photoshop7 installed perfectly after shutting down a background process I had never even heard of before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IdleMartin for the win on best answer. Someone else mentioned their logitech software was blocking the installer from starting, same here. As soon as I followed IdleMartin's instructions it loaded right away. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IdleMartin deserves 5 stars for his correct answer. I just got a new laptop with Windows 10 on it. I had Photoshop 7 on my old laptop running Windows 7. Have the setup.exe and install files on a cd but couldn't get setup.exe to run. I tried everything. Going into the details tab and right clicking on setup.exe and then "Analyse wait chain" and selecting the app that was holding it up did the trick. Photoshop 7 loaded right up and installed!! I can't thank you enough, IdleMartin!!!! You saved me hours of headaches!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello. where I can see the task manager? I am new in this matter of installing in CPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see it but its not working on my CPU. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thnx man. It worked like a charm...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its working , Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, it works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome. Thanks so much. Work for me!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had no problems previously but I did a clean Windows 10 Pro (version 20H2) install and then Photoshop wouldn't load. This solution worked for me.  Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES, IdleMartin...YES, YES, YES!  It worked!  This issue has vexed me for weeks, and your method WORKED!  THANK YOU!  I HATE having to call our IT guy to hand-hold me through these issues, so it was especially satisfying to be able to tell my husband "I fixed it all by my baby self!" (::with IdleMartin's help:: said under my breath).  Thank you! Photoshop 7 running again! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much it worked for me 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. It worked for me like magic!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2016 Sep 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - The only way it worked for me was as follows...

I) Create a Photoshop folder on your hard drive i.e. Drive C - Adobe - Photoshop 7

2) Copy all files from your CD to this folder - drag & drop

3) Start Windows 10 in 'safe mode'

4) Open the new folder and click on the .exe file

Photoshop 7 should now load without a hitch - then restart normally and run the programme.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect, Work for me, Thans !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like Adobe still HASN'T fixed this issue by providing download files:

Download Photoshop Elements | 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, and 7:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/download-earlier-version-photoshop-elements.html

I found this NON-ADOBE video to be helpful:

How to download and install Adobe photoshop 7.0 with key|100%working - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, accidentally replied to a 3 year old post with illegal links- long ago blocked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

how to install adobe photoshop 7.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines