• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to install scripts in Photoshop 2021?

Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to using scripts in Photoshop. But recently started a project that requires me to use a few scripts. I looked online for some videos on how to install a (.jsx) file. Everything I found was from 2019 or earlier and simply to drop it in the "scripts"folder. But there is no such location in 2021. I then found a video that says to go within PS itself, File - Scripts - Import. So does that mean that if I am to use scripts,  I always use this method? there is no location of scripts listed within Photoshop menus to select from? 

So essentially, any scripts (jsx) I keep in a random location on my desktop and if I want to run one, I go, File - Scripts - import ? Am I understanding this correct? (working as intended) or is there another option?

Thanks

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2021\Presets\Scripts

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post the image as I don't see 'Import' in 'File / Scripts'. Scripts folder is in 'Presets' folder of your Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I meant to say, said if you go to "File - Scripts - Browse". Then go to the location of the .jsx file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then read second sentence of my previous post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on Mac or Windows? The location is way different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2021\Presets\Scripts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. As I've said, I'm really new to using scripts ( I.E I've never used them before just now)  One would think this would be the first answer that shows up when googling such a simple question. Again, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have come across this online  and it doesn't work because its for the 2018 version of PS. But thanks all the same. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Versions may change, however, one shouldn't need to be a rocket scientist to use an older version path as a guide to finding a newer version. I have now updated my old blog post. If you are having problems finding where the scripts folder is located, the following Photoshop JavaScript code will find and open it for you:

Open-Photoshop-Presets-Scripts-Folder-Universal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to be rude with comparing ones understanding of a program to being a rocket science. We all have different levels of understanding programs and computers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I apologise for my frustration. The blogpost was originally written in 2017. To say that it doesn't work, just because it was written before Adobe released the current version was not a good response in my opinion. Version numbers change. So 2020 may need to be changed to 2021. Sometimes part of the application name changes, such as CS to CC. Anyway, I have updated the blogpost with some other examples and provided a script to open the presets/scripts folder from the version of Photoshop executing the script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines