Highlighted

How to limit a gradient to a selection?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I select a section of the image via Select Color Range from one of the layers. Copy it, create new layer via copy. On that layer I click gradient But the gradient covers the entire screen, not just the selected area.

Is it possible to limit the gradient to a selection?

I've found I can limit the gradient to a selection but on the layer created via copy, I cannot use the gradient over the entire area.

TOPICS
How to, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to limit a gradient to a selection?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I select a section of the image via Select Color Range from one of the layers. Copy it, create new layer via copy. On that layer I click gradient But the gradient covers the entire screen, not just the selected area.

Is it possible to limit the gradient to a selection?

I've found I can limit the gradient to a selection but on the layer created via copy, I cannot use the gradient over the entire area.

TOPICS
How to, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 13, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Layers panel has an icon to "lock transparent pixels".

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 13, 2020 0
RC5000 LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked perfectly!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS!!!!!!!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 13, 2020 0