How to load a batch of curves permanently into Photoshop?

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This may be a very basic question but I'm only 16, not a native english speaker and a relatively new user.

I have recently downloaded Photoshop CC (19.1.1) but am having trouble with the curves I use to edit my photos. I have downloaded several from the internet and saved them to a folder but can only load one at a time to photoshop, and whenever I re-start the app I have to re-load them all over again, one by one.

I never use the default ones and would like to substitute them permanently for the curves I do use. I remember being able to just copy the contents of my curves folder into the appropriate folder on photoshop and delete the ones I don't use, but don't seem to be able to do it now. I really don't want to spend ages loading each curve manually every time i restart the app. Could anyone kindly point me to the right direction? Thank you so much for your time.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by norman.sanders | Adobe Community Professional

Open an image and load the Curve

Click on the gear to the right of the Preset field

Choose Save Preset... and name it

Repeat for each new Preset

In the future go to Preset, click on its down arrow and choose your installed preset

They will be available each time you use Photoshop

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to load a batch of curves permanently into Photoshop?

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This may be a very basic question but I'm only 16, not a native english speaker and a relatively new user.

I have recently downloaded Photoshop CC (19.1.1) but am having trouble with the curves I use to edit my photos. I have downloaded several from the internet and saved them to a folder but can only load one at a time to photoshop, and whenever I re-start the app I have to re-load them all over again, one by one.

I never use the default ones and would like to substitute them permanently for the curves I do use. I remember being able to just copy the contents of my curves folder into the appropriate folder on photoshop and delete the ones I don't use, but don't seem to be able to do it now. I really don't want to spend ages loading each curve manually every time i restart the app. Could anyone kindly point me to the right direction? Thank you so much for your time.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by norman.sanders | Adobe Community Professional

In the future go to Preset, click on its down arrow and choose your installed preset

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 15, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 15, 2018 1
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that it has been a while since this question was answered, yet I have the exact same problem as isabel. If I save the curves, they still won't show up in the drop-down menue once I restart photoshop. This is really frustrating, because I have to load all of them seperately into Photoshop every time I start the program. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, where are you saving them to? 

Try the location written here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/preference-file-names-locations-photoshop.html#WindowsPresetLoc...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2020 2
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! Wow, that was easy 😄 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2020 0