Highlighted

How to make a custom value scale?

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got an idea I want to try on black&white photos. 
Is there a filter or something that would allow me to make a custome scale?
Like say a filter where at a certain value, a colour is shown (e.g at 0, it's black, at 33 is a green, at 67 is a pink, at 100 is a white)

Or a way to apply a gradient, but to the photo's values, not the gradient tool's.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Barbara Ash | Adobe Community Professional

What you're asking sounds similar to Gradient Map, which is one of the adjustment layers that you can apply in the Layers panel. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to make a custom value scale?

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got an idea I want to try on black&white photos. 
Is there a filter or something that would allow me to make a custome scale?
Like say a filter where at a certain value, a colour is shown (e.g at 0, it's black, at 33 is a green, at 67 is a pink, at 100 is a white)

Or a way to apply a gradient, but to the photo's values, not the gradient tool's.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Barbara Ash | Adobe Community Professional

What you're asking sounds similar to Gradient Map, which is one of the adjustment layers that you can apply in the Layers panel. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Gradient map works wonderfully (though I still need to tweak around with colours)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2020 0
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create your own gradient if none of the standard ones work for you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2020 0
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJU3KOwo0jU

this should get you going in the right direction

Hello everyone, I hope you are all keeping safe and well! Today's video shows how gradient maps can be implemented into the process as a fast lighting tool. ...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2020 0