Highlighted

How to make a new layer or group layers?

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

From whatever reason, when I use shortcut for creating a new layer or group layers, I have a pop up window (in which I can put a name for example) which has to be accepted.

How to make a new layer of group layers without pesky pop up window using shortcut?

I think there is some setting responsible for these pop up windows.

Thanks,

Artur

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to make a new layer or group layers?

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

From whatever reason, when I use shortcut for creating a new layer or group layers, I have a pop up window (in which I can put a name for example) which has to be accepted.

How to make a new layer of group layers without pesky pop up window using shortcut?

I think there is some setting responsible for these pop up windows.

Thanks,

Artur

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Have you checked the shortcuts, maybe you have assigned Ctrl+G to the Group, that's the only way I could replicate what you're describing.

Ctrl+Shift+N will give you the dialog for the new layer

2020-09-08 13_04_46-Keyboard Shortcuts and Menus.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2020 1
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ctrl + Shift + Alt + N - new layer without dialog

What combination do you use to create a new group?
Try using Alt in combination, or holding Alt when using your keyboard shortcut.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2020 1
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To summarize Ctrl + G is creating group without any dialogue, do you see any? Ctrl + Alt + Shift + N is creating new layer without any dialogue or question, same thing you can achieve by clicking on Create a new group and Create a new layer icons at the bottom of Layers panel.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2020 0
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ctrl + G does not create an empty group, but groups the layers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2020 0
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"creating a new layer or group layers" to me seems that op want to group layers although reply may not be clear enough.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2020 0