How to make ":" vertically downwards?

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, when I use the vertical type tool, all my texts go downwards. Is it possible to make my colon turn 90 degrees so it looks better for the text?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Mylenium | Most Valuable Participant

Nope, not inside the same text layer. You have to cheat it and use a separate layer that gets genuinely rotated.

Mylenium

TOPICS
FAQ, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to make ":" vertically downwards?

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, when I use the vertical type tool, all my texts go downwards. Is it possible to make my colon turn 90 degrees so it looks better for the text?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Mylenium | Most Valuable Participant

Nope, not inside the same text layer. You have to cheat it and use a separate layer that gets genuinely rotated.

Mylenium

TOPICS
FAQ, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 07, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, thank you! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it seems you can highlight the colon, then uncheck Standard Vertical Roman Alignment

text1.pngtext2.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2020 1