How to make text background over image like below

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I am completely new to photoshop and I want to create a transclucent text background to put over an image on a webiste I'm making. I want to create something like the blue grainy/translucent text background like in the image below. I don't want a rectangular block. Please let me know how I can make a background like the one in the image. I'm also open to any other ideas you may have.

Adex5E6D_0-1617387259074.png

Thanks,

AG

TOPICS
How to

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Adex5E6D 

I don't see anything translucent about the text in your image. It appears to be white and I can't see any part of the photo through it. To answer your question, though, if you want your text to be semi-transparent, lower the opacity setting in the Layers panel for your Type layer. 

~ Jane

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are talking about placing a screen of color to one side of you photo as in you sample, the blue. 
maybe this tutorial will help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlyMym997cA

After you create the screen you can, then take your type tool and place it in the area you want type  to set font and size and color.

Here's How to Create a Transparent Gradient in PhotoshopYou CAN teach an online course. FREE 7-step guide to starting here: https://videoschoolonline.com/Ple...

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I can understand you request then use Opacity to klower opacity of layer and Color Overlay from Layer Style with blend mode set to Normal. For "grainy" look you can use Pattern Overlay or some filter.

color overlay.jpg

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An image clipping masked to a Gradient Layer and colorized with a Solid Color Layer might be an option. 

Screenshot 2021-04-03 at 11.36.37.png

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines