How to mask where I don't want to see the layer and its animation

Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been getting some really great help but I want to only see the 'little lines' layers as they pass over the object of which they are in front.  There is a background layer but I've turned if off while I try to find the solution.  I've grouped the layers as you will see - but how do I mask/hide them unless in front of the shape.  I think it may be about black over the whole layer and then rub back to white to show the parts that are to be seen.  Hope this makes sense.  All help is appreciated.Screenshot (4).png

Myfanwy E S McLean
TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to mask where I don't want to see the layer and its animation

Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been getting some really great help but I want to only see the 'little lines' layers as they pass over the object of which they are in front.  There is a background layer but I've turned if off while I try to find the solution.  I've grouped the layers as you will see - but how do I mask/hide them unless in front of the shape.  I think it may be about black over the whole layer and then rub back to white to show the parts that are to be seen.  Hope this makes sense.  All help is appreciated.Screenshot (4).png

Myfanwy E S McLean
TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 06, 2021 0
Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there are some limitations in Photoshop After Effects is best option for such work....regards

Ali Sajjad

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 06, 2021 0
Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I have thought realistically about AE as an option.

Myfanwy E S McLean

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 06, 2021 0
Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean how to hide any part which goes beyond shape bounds? If that is the case do the fllowing:

• Put all shapes in layer group.
  • Create selection from transparency by Ctrl + clicking on layer thumbnail of layer with shape.
  • Create group mask from selection.
  • Everything you add to that group will be hidden beyond shape/mask bundaries.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 07, 2021 1
Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bojan, that seems like a promising option.  Will try it ut now.

Myfanwy E S McLean

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 07, 2021 0