• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Modify grid/net/web in transformation in number of lines and color ?

Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am using photoshop CS5. I am working with electron microscopy images that are in gray "color" only. I need to use the deformation tools and free transformation. In free transformation a selection separating the image in 9 squares with 2 horizontal and 2 vertical lines.

1- I would love to know how to increase the numbers of these h & v lines since I need to apply very subtle warping deformation to my images

2- Since my images are grey and the line of the selection too... I would also love to know how to change the color of these lines

Thank you so much

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Hi

No, at present the Warp grid is limited to 9 squares and the grid is fixed at light grey / dark grey depending on the content behind it.

There is an old and ongoing feature request for more squares here, you may wish to add your comments:

Photoshop: Adjustable grid size for the warp tool | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean the grid?

If so, you can set it in Preferences  - Guides, Grids and Slices where you choose divisions, subdivisions and colour.

This screenshot is CS6 , the oldest version I have installed, but the options are the same

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your interest

Sorry I was not clear, I wrote grid/net/web trying to describe le colors of the lines that border the 9 squares that appears when you go Ctrl+T (transformation) then click on the icon that allows switchs between free transform and deform:

those lines are grey and I cannot see them on the image I work with. Is there a way to change this parameter of color somewhere from gray to say red ?

Thanks a lot

JM Hermel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

No, at present the Warp grid is limited to 9 squares and the grid is fixed at light grey / dark grey depending on the content behind it.

There is an old and ongoing feature request for more squares here, you may wish to add your comments:

Photoshop: Adjustable grid size for the warp tool | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dave thanks a lot for your time and expertise, too bad for me thought. It is strange that you can parameter all grids, lines etc and not this one. I guess it is the same problem with de puppet tool the lines are also light gray by default and not parametrable ? Well photoshop is alike us almost perfect but perfectible. Thanks anyway.

JM Hermel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines