• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to not allow Alt key as a color picker when brushing

Participant ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I would like to turn off the behavior that when I work with the brush, the color picker is activated by pressing the Alt key. I work with a Wacom tablet and it bothers me a lot because I constantly keep picking up a color that I don't want.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you Gerhard

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

yes, this is how I adjust the brush tip, but with the combination Alt + Right click (which I mapped to the pen.) and drag. The combination Alt + Strg (CTRL on US Keyboard) stands for "duplicate layer by dragging", at least here on my german keyboard.
Anyway, I now found a solution and put "Alt + right click" as a combo command on the pen. Did not consider that ... With this my problem is solved. Thanks for the help and suggestion !

Cheers Gerhard

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have worked with a work on tablet for many many years and it is never bothered me, in fact I use this function often when retouching. I'm not sure why you keep picking up colours that you don't want unless you consciously press the ALT key. Maybe you can explain further incase i am missing something? Workflow? You can only toggle the shift (tool swap) preference.

/G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mapped right-click to the pen button. By right-click + Alt I adjust brush size - and softness. It often happens to me that if I do not press both exactly simultaneous, I accidentally pick up color

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GerZS, i think you know what you have to do, figure out a combination that will work better. But I think maybe you dont know the keyboard and drag combinations and thats why you have that strange pen setup. if you press ALT+CTRL and drag the brush horizontal you adjust the brush size, dragging vertical will adust the hardness. Get used to doing that and you will love using the brush that way.

/G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes, this is how I adjust the brush tip, but with the combination Alt + Right click (which I mapped to the pen.) and drag. The combination Alt + Strg (CTRL on US Keyboard) stands for "duplicate layer by dragging", at least here on my german keyboard.
Anyway, I now found a solution and put "Alt + right click" as a combo command on the pen. Did not consider that ... With this my problem is solved. Thanks for the help and suggestion !

Cheers Gerhard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you mapped the alt-key to a pen-button or how else do you trigger it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I put right click on the pen key. With the Alt key pressed I adjust brush size - and softness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines