• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to open a new stack in the same open document?

Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how to make a stack of images to open inside an already open document, not into a new one?
"File - scripts - load files into stack"

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will either need to create a custom script yourself (can you script?), find one that does the job or comes close – or see if somebody posts a script to do this.

If the base image is larger than the stacked images, how should they be aligned? Upper left, centre etc? If the base image is smaller in size I presume that you wish to enlarge the canvas to the largest layer bounding. I'm sure that there are many other considerations that I have not yet thought of!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't a photoshop document only have a single layer stack that is limited to 8,000 layers. You could write a script to add more image layer form files to the current document layers stack.  If you do not know Photoshop scripting just use File>Scripts>load Files into a Stack.  Then select all the layer in the new documents layers stack and drag them into your existing documents layer stack. Then close the document with the second stack.   If you do not know Photoshop scripting and javascript well you do not want your first script to be like Adobe's Load Files into a Stack.    Adobe's script is an advanced script that uses Adobe stack script only scripts these use advance coding technique you will not be able to understand as a beginner.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be the best work around for me, thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After using the load files into stack script, you could make an action to select all layers, add them to a group and duplicate the group back to the base file (or convert all stacked layers into a smart object and dupe that back to the base file). So there are ways to automate/semi-automate this task if you don't know how to script.

EDIT: Ah, I see that JJMack has posted a similar reply a few seconds before I hit the post button!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is also very smart to actionize this process, thank you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines