• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to open old .psd files if I dont have a photoshop application?

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have thousands of .psd files from CS2 days. Now I have time to go through them - but no photoshop application and no money to buy a plan, I am a charity volunteer and need the images for our new website. I need a way to view and edit the pics over a few months so a free trial wont be long enough.

Any ideas? Im not techie!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You could try using GIMP it's free, there's also Photopea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ged, Before l try downloading them.will either of them be able to open .psd files? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have any money, you might consider purchasing Photoshop Elements, which has a perpetual license, unlike Photoshop, which is subscription only.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/supported-file-formats-photoshop-elements.html

It's 30% off, but the sale ends today. You can also get a free trial to see if it works before purchasing.

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements/buy-elements.html

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jane but I am broke having had no work and not eligible for govt. support, since Feb 2020 but l appreciate the suggestion. As l volunteer at a foodbank that needs images l created, l was hoping Adobe might reconsider their withdrawal of free download of old CS2, which l did buy many years ago... but lost when my ancient pc died. Its very disappointing as l spent a fortune with Adobe in the early 2000s!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Photoshop CS2 was never free, although that rumor has made its way around the internet. In addition, Adobe has shut down the servers for CS2, so it can no longer be activated.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite.html

You might want to look at the free software that Ged suggested.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines