• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to organize / group fonts in Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2013 Jan 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open fonts drop down menu inside of Photoshop, I have over 300 fonts listed in alphabetical order, most of which I don't use. 

I installed about 20 fonts that I like. But how do I group them together? After typing and selecting text in Photoshop, I want to quickly flip through my 20 best fonts collection (with up and down arrow) to see which font looks better. Is there a way to do it?

I tried deleting all fonts from Library, and leaving only my 20 fonts there, but that didn't work out, because text in other applications started looking funny.

Please let me know if there is a better solution.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jan 11, 2013 Jan 11, 2013

There is no easy way for you to sort or change the Photoshop font menu.

Photoshop will present fonts sorted by script/language, then alphabetically.

But if you disable fonts in the OS, they won't appear in Photoshop.  Photoshop gets the font list from the OS.

Font Book Collections will only show up on small apps that use the simple Apple font APIs, and not on professional applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The company selling this software (Font Hero) took my money but sent nothing, no response after making payment, no response to support on their website, no response to emails, but my PayPal account was billed. I believe they are a fraudulent company. Be wary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2014 Oct 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the comment about using a library. Just inspired me to make a cc library with my favourite fonts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 22, 2015 Sep 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I would agree using a CC Library for your favorite fonts would work great! You could also create a library for: Serif, Sans Serif, Script, and other "flavors"

• Tip: Create a Paragraph or Character style for the most common way you use the font, before you add it to the library. That way if you use it in a web or mobile mock-up it is globally editable. (Window > Paragraph Styles or Window > Character Styles) for example:
          Museo Sans 100, Size p18, Space After: p12, color: #999
  • To make sure when you use a font, with the style you created, hold down Alt or Option as you drag from the CC Library to your Photoshop document
  • InDesign and Illustrator have Font Favorites, which will put fonts you mark as favorite at the top of your Font list, that would be a GREAT feature request for Photoshop

Adobe Feature Request:  http://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe should go through these old threads and update them when they add features that resolve the problem. Anyways, this thread came up first when I was searching google, and it took me a long time to figure this out

They've added a new "star" feature in Adobe CC, in the font drop down (on the left of the fonts)

Add a star to your favorite fonts and then filter by the stars by clicking the star icon in the top right of the font drop down. Now, only your favorite fonts will show. This is a definite time saver for me!

fonts.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Came here to say even though Adobe hasn't added one to the Font dropdown, it is nice to learn you can use Libraries to create different groups of font characters. The great thing about this too is you get to just click the fonts in the library group to see the changes apply to what you wrote.

Thanks,

jrricky

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines