Highlighted

How To Place Beard On Face

Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took the first man's beard and placed it on the second man. Can someone guide me to make it look more realistic? This is my first time doing this. I usually use a hair brush and sketch the whole beard in. Thanks in advance.

AdobeStock_170298176.jpegAdobeStock_69997712.jpegScreen Shot 2020-09-04 at 1.28.16 AM.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How To Place Beard On Face

Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took the first man's beard and placed it on the second man. Can someone guide me to make it look more realistic? This is my first time doing this. I usually use a hair brush and sketch the whole beard in. Thanks in advance.

AdobeStock_170298176.jpegAdobeStock_69997712.jpegScreen Shot 2020-09-04 at 1.28.16 AM.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 03, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, feathered masks, obviously. You're not going to get anywhere with harsh edges. Otherwise you may simply want to learn how to extract existing channel information and convert them to selections/ mask channels using Image --> Calculations and mangling the results with adjustments, combined with other oparations like using clone stamps. Would be difficult in the given example, though, since the source image is already very bright.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 03, 2020 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that because there is an apparent age mismatch, it will be hard to see as natural an apparently naturally grey beard on an apparently young man with apparently natural black hair. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2020 1
davescm LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to the comments above, you need to match the lighting in your source images. The beard photo is lit from the left whilst the younger man is lit from the front.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2020 1