• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to "SYNC" photoshop between 2 computers

Contributor ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my main PC I have custom actions, custom brushes, custom curves adjustments, custom workspaces and also presets that are in ACR/Lightroom. Is there an EASY way to transfer ALL of that to my laptop, so it's virtually an identical machine to work on? Right now I feel like it's taking me 15 steps to individually save these things, move them, and then get them re-integrated into the other machine. And they need to be stored identically on each machine or PS won't find and use them properly. I'm getting confused trying to keep up. I'm constantly refining these actions and so would like to make frequent changes. Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is a lot involved and because Photoshop Has issues and you never know what Adobe will break next you really need to have more then one version of Photoshop installed.   Newer version of Photoshop a most usually compatible with document saved by older versions of Photoshop.  The  may be a compatibility problem or two but most likely you will not run into any.  However old feature or interfaces may no longer work in new Photoshop versions like WinTab and Legacy compositing  in 21.2 no longer work and old Plug-ins may also not work.  I like keep the number of duplicate file needed to a minimum.  Therefore I maintain All the stuff I add into photoshop on my main machine  is folders I created not any  Adobe created  My  add-on master files Add  on will be added to Photoshop versions from these folders,   As for Scripts and Plug-ins I Create System trees for these  All installed version of Photoshop will use these trees for my Script and plug-ins  there is only of script  Plug-in for the add-ons I add into Photoshop. All install version of Photoshop share them.  On my Main machine I have CS3, CS6, CC2014, CC 2018, CC2019 and 21,2 installed.  On my Microsoft Surface I only have CC 2014 and CC 2019 and 21.2 installed.  It did not what to install the WinTab device driver for the Surface Pen. I use Windows INK which CS Photoshop version do not have support for.   

Other Photoshop  Add-ons are manage by coping Photoshop Preferences file between Photoshop versions for things like Actions, Style, Patterns, custom shaped, document presets, brushes  etc.  When I install new versions of photoshop as soon as I link Photoshop's Scripts  and Plug-folders to my scripts and plug-ins folders when Photoshop start up the are installed. The coping of the previous versions Preferences was all I had to do  to get the rest of my add-ons installed my workspace, Action's,  shapes, styles , brushes, ,..

New stuff I add on my main machine then refresh the folders on my surface from my main machine basicly two file system trees and user preferences.

There s are couple of exceptions I deals with. Like the image Processor Pro plug-in will not run from my script tree. Its coded to find its assets in Adobe Photoshop version folders so I need to install Pmage Ptocessoe in ever version of Photoshop installed.

I do not install LR.

Its not hard to sync Photoshop it just a PITA. I also keep my stuff local  I do not use cloud storage. Adobe Libraries may help you sync between devices, It should sync in the background and not add lag.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines