• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to reach documentation about Photoshop constants (or properties)?

Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

As I was lurking into Photoshop's JavaScript Reference I have come to a conclusion that while ScriptListener plugin will do the job for clearing the fog around the constants(or properties) there is no way I can reveal what these constants(or properties) such as numberOfLayers, hasBackgroundLayer etc. mean. My assumption, by their description, is somehow clear but what if I do want to include them in a future project, how would I know the exact usage of these constants(or properties)?

Is there any documentation I can get with detailed explanation on this matter?

Thanks,

Damian

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but these constants aren't explained in any of the guides and references from Adobe you pointed.

On this forum and even on ps-scripts.com there is no any clear information shared for Photoshop DOM to say, only segments that are solutions to certain problems. Is it solution to have special membership to adobe to know their secrets or is it something that I don't see?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can find only outdated list of constants with no explanation.

https://www.adobe.com/devnet/photoshop/sdk.html

console.adobe.io/downloads/ps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Exactly what I thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines