• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove Adobe Photoshop CS5.1 on Windows 10?

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, my name is Wandy Lee and this is my first post in here because I am so frustated now.

Last month, I just bought a new laptop, that is Lenovo Ideapad Slim 3 with Windows 10 Home Single Language in it. In my daily activities, I often use Photoshop to doing my work, and that's why I was asking the seller assistant to put Photoshop program in my computer, and she gave me Photoshop CS5.1. Firstly, I don't know if this version is incompatible with Windows 10. Everytime, when I click the icon, then nothing happened.

So, I decide just to uninstall this version and use the latest version of Adobe Photoshop. My problem is: I cannot remove it from my laptop. This is what I am doing:

1. I go to the settings -> Add or remove programs.

2. I found Adobe Photoshop CS5.1 at the list and simply click the "uninstall button".

3. A pop-up message box of Adobe Setup Utility shown and asking "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?". I choose "Yes" button.

4. Then, a pop-up message box of Adobe Application Manager shown and the message is "You are already running the Adobe Application Manager. Please close all instances of Adobe Application Manager in order to contine with this installation". 

I really confuse with this message, since I just start my computer and I don't use any application from Adobe. I even check the Task Manager if there are some Adobe programs running in the background, but it seems clear.

So, can someone please help me, because I need to start my project as soon as possible.

Thank you for reading this and I really appreciate any positive suggestions.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool, for details refer

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The first thing is Photoshop CS5 is not a free Program was not their to install on you machine and what was installed on you machine was most likely not Adobe's CS5. CS5 has not been marked since around 2011. What was installed on your machine  and how it was installed is unknown to you.   Since its some ripoff of Adobe's software  Adobe Cleaner may be able to clean it off you system by deleting anything the looks like its Adobe Software. cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems 

You Machine may have other software you do not want installed You should verify what is install is software  you want and also scan you machine for malware.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines