• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to remove grain in brushes

Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey guys. sorry to be a pain but ive been having a few problems with my brush presets where they look grainy and I cant figure out to fix it. any amount of help is appreciated. thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

liamo34109973  wrote

grain texture.PNGthis is whats going on on my screen

your brush is in dissolve mode... change it to normal or luminosty and try the same line

Screenshot (520).png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi liamo,

Sorry that Photoshop is giving you some issues while using your brush presets. As I can understand, you are looking to remove grain from your brush presets.

Could you please take a look at this similar discussion Photoshop: Reduce noise brush | Photoshop Family Customer Community  and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post a screenshot taken at View > 100% with the pertinent Panels (Brush Settings, Brushes, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible?

Is »Noise« checked in the Brush Settings Panel?

Are you talking about sampled Brushes or plain round ones?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also check the blend mode of your brush in the options bar and make sure it is set to normal and not dissolve

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When asking questions is courtesy to post a screenshot when that would be helpful, showing your brush settings and result. People who show more effort and common sense in posting,  receive better responses.

Make sure your spacing  is set to 1%.

Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 10.22.43 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 10.27.48 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried setting spacing to 0 and it was still grainy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

liamo34109973  wrote

your brush is in dissolve mode... change it to normal or luminosty and try the same line

Screenshot (520).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As soon as we saw that screen shot, it couldn't be anything else!  I think we should give that one equally to Dave for calling it, and Graham for reading the screen shot.

I have more than once hear Bert Monroy say that when things are not working as expected, check the Options bar.  I like to argue that it far from a rooky mistake, as you can at least claim intermediate status when you start dabbling with Options Bar settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2019 Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor.Dennis  wrote

As soon as we saw that screen shot,

Many of the posts could be answered much quicker on the forums, if people utilized more consideration and effort in posting properly.

Your computer is not working, include the OS & AI version. Something does not look or function correctly, post a screenshot. Better yet, always do both if there is any remote possibility that will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well im stupid. thank you so much for all the help everyone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't feel bad. If we dont say anything this goes on and on, you are not the only one.

Many people may read this thread, and learn how fast you get an answer when including a screenshot or information should be included

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I felt like a fool when I saw it was set on dissolve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've made that mistake before,  I'm sure a lot of us have 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines