• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove hip fat pads ? (non-destructive way)

Participant ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone, 

I have been trying for hours to remove hip wrinkle/fat pads, unsuccessfully! 

I have tried: 

- Stamp tool 

- High Pass / clip underneath layer and paint brush over it (ok - but not perfect) 

- Content aware Fill

Would you have an idea? 

(I have looked at many YouTube tutorials, but it never worked in my case) 

Thank you for your help, 

Jessie

image.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

I suspect some painting (with overlays to emulate the structures) may be unavoidable. 

Screenshot 2020-01-16 at 14.22.47.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect some painting (with overlays to emulate the structures) may be unavoidable. 

Screenshot 2020-01-16 at 14.22.47.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whao - Looks really clean. 

I am going to try to reproduce your example. 

Thank you so much for taking the time!! 

Jessie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to simulate a structure on a painted Layer one can use a Layer that averages to a 50% gray and set it to the Blend Mode »Linear Light«. 

For the textile structure for example one could start with a 50% gray Layer, add monochromatic Noise, scale that up and apply a Motion Blur (ideally as a Smart Filter). 

Then convert to a Smart Object and Warp (or Puppet Warp) to »bend« it around the form. 

Clipping Mask to the Layer with the painted areas and reduce the Opacity as necessary. 

Screenshot 2020-01-16 at 15.23.54.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok let me try, 

by the way, the picture was a RAW coming from lightroom, it's size went from 50mo to 1,04g. 

Did I do somthing wrong or is that normal, as you add layer and filter to image? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A 20-fold increase does seem a bit steep, but it really depends on the number and kind of Layers/Smart Objects in the file. 

Are you working in 8bit or 16bit? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is a 16bit - the photo is about 7000 x 5000 pixels. 

I just tried to reproduce your perfect example above, but I must have missed something, I will try again. I am sure it is something obvious. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here is the closest I could come to: 

(your post was very helpful) 

- I could not get the pattern overlay part to work, I only had trees, Water etc as possibility. 

- I got mixed up with smart object. I thought, I could double click, edit them and come back to the main file, but the changes I make within the smart object do not apply once I return to the main psd.

- I also had issues with the masks of group 1 and 2. I need to find a way to organize myself better. 

Again big thanks for your time!!

J

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had omitted to elaborate on the Pattern Overlay. 

It uses a plain Pattern with 50% gray with monochrome Noise added set to »Linear Light« and is intended to simulate the noise/grain of the original image. 

In the screenshot below the leftmost square does not have the Pattern Overlay, the middle one does and in the right one the Pattern is scaled. 

Screenshot 2020-01-17 at 08.27.43.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines