Exit

How to reveal underneath color in photo turned black and white with layer

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  I have a problem following the tutorial linked below:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/how-to/black-and-white-with-color-photo.html
When i come to the part where i shall use the brush to paint a part of the picture black, in order to reveal color from the below layer - nothing happends.  I am sure that i have the correct mask marked in the panel, so i cant figure out what im doing wrong.  Please advise!  Note:  The tutorial above is 6 years old, and im using the newest version of photoshop. Is that the problem? If so, how do i solve the problem mentioned  in the tutorial with the newest version of photoshop?  Please take time to read the tutorial, and advice me how to solve the problem.  Would greatly appreciate it.

Best regards: Gjermund

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Could you please post a screenshot with the layers panels and control panel visible…

It maybe the wrong painting fusion mode or the layer below maybe hiden, anything else…

best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines